Calvinist church in Csegöld


This village near the Szamos River first appeared in the sources with the mention of its priest in the record of papal tithes from 1332. The church later became Calvinist, and in the 1780s United Greek Catholic. The medieval church can be reconstructed based on some details still preserved also on some 19th- and early 20th-century documents. The eastern portion of its polygonal, two-bayed sanctuary still stands today. The sanctuary walls are brick, and the size and color vary regularly. The three-aisled nave of today is the result of 19thand 20th-century construction. The appearance of the west tower suggests little of its medieval origin. The sanctuary is dated to the middle of the 14th century, while other parts of the church were built under the patronage of the Drágfi family.

All sights in this country