Calvinist church in Tiszakóród


“The village located on the River Tisza, near the present-day Ukrainian border, was first mentioned in 1344. The church was built with a rectangular nave and a somewhat narrower sanctuary, closing with five sides of an octagon. The sacristy was demolished in 1760. The western tower was built in 1810. In 1864, medieval frescoes were revealed inside, which are today not visible. In the 19th century, the gothic tracery of the windows was also still visible – lancet windows still survive on the southern walls of the nave and the sanctuary. The church was built some time in the 14th or 15th century.”

On some cassettes of the fragmented ceiling, it was impossible to reconstruct the painting authentically, therefore on these elements, only the supplementation of the base color and the frames were implemented.

All sights in this country