The Church of Peace
Świdnica / Poland
The Church of Peace was founded by virtue of the Peace of Westphalia (hence its name) which ended the Thirty Years’ War (1618-1648). Before the war, the townsfolk of Świdnica were free to follow Luther’s ideas and Lutheran services were held in the town. When the war broke out, the Protestants were deprived of the faith and their own churches. Currently, the church is one of the biggest tourist attraction in Świdnica and the region.